IMG_2

IMG_2

IMG_1

IMG_1

lawrence labianca

Building the JanieB

Pics of the stitch and glue process for the Pacific Troller Gunning Dory
Reactions: Aplysia
This past year my neighbor and I built a stitch and glue dory and I thought I would share the build with the members. Jane, and artist who had two serious health issues including the possibility of loosing her vision on top of a being diagnosed with cancer proposed the idea of building a boat together. She wanted to learn some woodworking skills and share some time with me. Jane is my neighbor and we both have art studios. Neither of us are boat builders so we had to learn as we went. We received some help from friends, made some mistakes and finished the boat. But best yet Janes health has improved and on the first outing I managed to catch and land a nice salmon to kick off the season.

@lawrence labianca
Absolutely Awesome!!! What a project and accomplishment. To build a boat with your ailing neighbor and on the 1st outing catch a salmon in the style of the old days. Love it!!! That is how to do it. Great inspiration. Ideally, the most fun is to catch the biggest salmon from the smallest boat. To build one to do that is even better. Way to go. Would love to meet and see this boat some time. Hope to see you on the water at least. Best regards, Bryan

@Aplysia hey Brian, thanks for those kind words. Building a boat of any size is an awesome project hands-down. I’m so glad I had the opportunity and I hope you do too someday. I keep the genie be in the mission in my welding studio. It’s lifted above my welding table. Space is such a precious thing in San Francisco. You’re more than welcome to come and see it at any time. On a fishing note it’s been such a blessing to be able to fish this year! It’s really my first year of salmon fishingAnd I truly love it. I found the people who are of similar interest, with the sea, the Fish, and the escape are kindred spirits. I’m so glad to have found that. Hope to see you on the water soon. DM me if you need to know where to find a secret bait stash. It seems big anchovies are hard to find these days. And one thing I’ve come to realize is that you get about five opportunities per outing to catch a fish.

Reactions: T Michael

Album information

Album owner
lawrence labianca
Date created
Item count
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Album privacy

lawrence labianca